As a student in a massage therapy program, you have the opportunity to connect with your professional community before you graduate. Join and access the RMTAO to expand your knowledge, support your career development, access research and connect to Registered Massage Therapists.
The Registered Massage Therapists' Association of Ontario is your professional association. We want to ensure that you have access to information about the technical and clinical aspects of massage therapy, as well as about the profession and the association. You can learn about, and support our advocacy efforts, access the latest news and research, and network with experienced RMTs. Once you graduate, through our affordable membership rate, we provide tools that help you build up your career including access to our career listings, a free public listing on RMTFind.com, professional liability insurance and more!
As a student member, you will:
- Access the professional community through our Community-Based Networks and social media communities.
- Have online access to RMTAO’s professional practice magazine Massage Therapy Today: Putting Knowledge Into Practice.
- Receive The Friday File, the RMTAO’s weekly digest of news and research.
- Have the ability to enroll in some of the optional programs available to active members including GoodLife Fitness memberships, Health Benefits and TELUS phone plan discounts.
- Access our Career Listings.
- Access resources to help grow your career including interview and resume tips, advice on starting a practice and outlines of different compensation models.
- Use tools including an HST Guideline, Fraud Prevention Guide and Contract Guide to help expand your knowledge of the massage therapy profession.
What Happens When I Graduate?
Once you graduate, you can sign up for Active membership at a reasonable fee. Join online with your student membership account, and we can help you transition from student to regulated health professional. Your student membership will expire 6 months after your provided date of graduation. If you were affected by the CMTO's postponment of their entry-to-practice exams, and your registration will be delayed, we will be able to extend your student membership an additional 6 months. If you need your student membership extended, please contact the RMTAO directly.
How to add optional programs
You can add many optional programs online! Visit the programs and services page for more details. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the RMTAO at email@example.com, or 1-800-668-2022.
Are you a program coordinator?
Would you like to provide further resources and information about RMTAO student membership to the students in your program? We can arrange for a representative of the RMTAO to visit your school and make a presentation about the benefits of student membership and the activities of the association. If you would like to arrange a presentation for your students, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The handouts below provide valuable information about the Association and about student membership.