COVID-19 Update - July 20, 2020
Ontario Moving More Regions Into Stage 3
The Ontario government is allowing seven more regions to enter Stage 3 on Friday.
This decision was made in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and is based on positive local trends of key public health indicators, including lower or low transmission of COVID-19, ongoing hospital capacity, public health capacity to conduct rapid case and contact management, and a significant increase in testing.
The following public health units will be allowed to move into Stage 3 on Friday, July 24, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.:
- Durham Region Health Department;
- Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit;
- Halton Region Health Department;
- Hamilton Public Health Services;
- Lambton Health Unit;
- Niagara Region Public Health Department; and
- York Region Public Health Services.